SECURITY AND PRIVACY
Your privacy and security online are very important to us, so we have written this policy to explain how we use the information we collect about you; how you can instruct us if you wish to limit the use of that information; our gathering techniques; and the procedures we have in place to safeguard your privacy.
1. INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
Information You Voluntarily Provide Us
We collect information that personally identifies you (“Personal Information”) only if you choose to share such information with us. For example, you may be required to provide us with certain Personal Information to register with the Site, make a purchase, sign up for services available through the Site, subscribe to a newsletter, enter sweepstakes, contests, or other promotions, and at other times.
The following are examples of Personal Information we may collect from you:
- Personal Information such as your name, mailing address, your email address, phone number, credit card information (including billing information), or other information that allows us to personally identify or contact you online or offline.
- Demographic Information, which may include the following types of information about you: age or date of birth, income, highest level of education, gender, categories of books purchased, products owned or of interest, and other non-personal or survey-type information including attitudes, interests, and skills. In some instances, demographic information may be combined and stored together with your personal information.
- Login Information such as username and password, private answers to security questions or other similar information that allows us to identify your account or authenticate you prior to giving you access to your account information.
Information Passively or Automatically Collected
We automatically collect information that does not reflect or reference an individually identifiable user (“Non-Personal Information”) to help us understand how our users use the Site. Like most websites, we automatically collect and use the following data contained in log files:
- Technical Information, which may include certain information or characteristics about your computer
- Usage Information, which may include non-personal information about how you use or browse Rajathi Pathipagam or related websites (“Website Usage” data) and what products you buy (“Order History”).
Cookies and Other Web Technologies
Like many other websites, we may use a variety of standard technologies to: (i) enhance and personalize your experience on Rajathi Pathipagam (including saving you the time of having to repeatedly re-enter information); (ii) generate statistics and information about traffic to and on Rajathi Pathipagam and related websites; and, (iii) run and measure the effectiveness of certain advertising or promotional campaigns, including those run by network advertisers on our behalf. These tools may include the following:
- Cookies: these are small text files that we may store on your computer to remember certain things about your visit to www.rajathipathipagam.com.
- Most common Web browsers today, such as Firefox and Internet Explorer, allow you to modify your settings to block cookies entirely, alert you every time they are being sent, or allow their use by only those websites you approve.
- Log Files: these are files that record website activity and gather non-identifiable statistics about your visit to www.rajathipathipagam.com. Log files may help us capture, among other things: (i) your IP Address, which is a unique set of numbers assigned to your computer by your Internet Service Provider (ISP) (note that, depending on your ISP, the number assigned to your computer can be different every time you connect to the Internet); (ii) the type of browser and operating system you use; and, (iii) other information about your online session, such as the URL you came from to get to Rajathi Pathipagam and the date and time you visited.
2. INFORMATION SHARING AND DISCLOSURE
Internal Use of Non-Personal and Personal Information
We use Non-Personal Information and Personal Information for internal purposes only, such as to notify you of new products or services, to send service notifications, to customize the advertising and content you see, to fulfill your requests for products and services, to improve the Site, to conduct research, to solicit your feedback and input about the Site, and to provide more relevant products, services, and advertisements on or through the Site.
From time to time, we might establish a business relationship with other persons or entities whom we believe trustworthy and whom we have asked to confirm that their privacy practices are consistent with ours (“Service Providers”)
We may use, and disclose to third parties, certain Non-Personal Information regarding the Site (e.g., number of visits, page views, number of registered members who reside in a particular geographic location, etc.) if we wish to generally assess (with the help of a third party company) how Chronicle Books is doing in the Internet marketplace, its popularity or use amongst certain consumer demographics or profiles, and other similar performance metrics.
Third-Party Ad Networks
We may work with third-party advertising companies which may use information about your visit to the Site in order to provide advertisements about goods and services that may be of interest to you on the Site and on third-party websites.
As Required By Law
In certain instances, we may disclose Non-Personal Information or Personal Information when such action is reasonably necessary to comply with legal-related processes, enforce contract terms, respond to or resolve any claims (including valid consumer complaints).
3. ONLINE PRIVACY PROTECTION FOR CHILDREN
Information Practices and Sharing for Children Under 13
We recognize the importance of protecting children’s information and we strongly encourage parents to be actively involved in their children’s online activities. For this reason, we have adopted a special set of practices relating to Personal Information collected relating to children under the age of 13.
Information that we collect is stored on secure servers using standard security procedures and practices appropriate to the nature of the information in an effort to protect information from unauthorized access, destruction, use, modification, or disclosure.
Managing Personal Information
We understand that you have rights over your Personal Information. You may review, correct, update, change, or delete your Personal Information at any time by visiting your account on the Site, or by contacting us at:
1/2, Padmanabhan Street, Near Kodambakkam Railway Station,
Kodambakkam, Chennai 600024
Telephone: +91 7708576986, +91 9940684644